Certificate in Research Methods Course
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies (AIPMS) is pleased to announce a Certificate Course in Research Methods course which starts 1st of every month.
Overall Course Description:
This course will provide an opportunity for participants to establish or advance their understanding of research through critical exploration of research language, ethics, and approaches. The course introduces the language of research, ethical principles and challenges, and the elements of the research process within quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approaches. Participants will use these theoretical underpinnings to begin to critically review literature relevant to their field or interests and determine how research findings are useful in informing their understanding of their environment (work, social, local, global).
At the conclusion of the course, the participant will:
- Understand research terminology
- Be aware of the ethical principles of research, ethical challenges and approval processes
- Describe quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods approaches to research
- Identify the components of a literature review process
- Critically analyze published research
- Understand strengths and weaknesses of different research methods and when it is and is not appropriate to use specific methods;
- Types of Research
- Research Design
- Methods of Data Collection
- Data Analysis
- Problems encountered by Researchers in Developing Countries
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs,
PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or send assignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient to download materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the right alternative for you. Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 8 Weeks - 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (Two Months) Course Starts 1st of Every Month.
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Institute for Project Management Studies (AIPMS)
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org