Certificate in Project Management Course
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies (AIPMS) is pleased to announce a Certificate Course in Project Management which starts 1st of every month for Two Months.
Overall Course Objective:
To effectively manage available time and resources, most modern organizations organize their work into projects. As such, the project administration (or project management) role has become critical to the success of any business.
This highly practical 8-week online short course teaches how to plan, coordinate and manage projects effectively and efficiently. Learn how to run projects on time and within budget and how to use the latest and most popular project management tools and techniques. Whether you are launching a marketing campaign, building a house, creating a new product or planning an event, the ability to strategically manage projects is crucial to achieving better outcomes. The course material is based on a respected textbook that will prepare you for the Project Management in your organization.
What is Project Management?
- Overview of Project Initiation, Planning, Implementation, Control and Close
- Concepts in Project Planning and Management
- Scheduling and planning to ensure targets are accomplished timely.
- Managing the effective implementation and completion of projects despite budgetary constraints
- Introduction to Monitoring & Evaluation as a component of project planning and implementation process.
- Project Budgeting
- Work plan Development
- The logical framework and Project Cycle Management approaches
- Designing a Project Goal
- Outcomes/ Output/Activities
- Evidence and Risk analysis
- Assumption/Pre-conditions/ Risks
- Introduction to Monitoring and Evaluation
The Course Is Designed To Help Participants to:
Understand key aspects of project design, implementation, administration and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Understand ways to design, implement, monitor and evaluate projects
- Educate Learners on how to link a logical framework and translate it into a concise and transparent budget and a simple work plan
- Use the logical framework to design an effective monitoring and evaluation system for
- tracking and reporting results for their individual organizations
- Understand best practices techniques for project management, Monitoring and Evaluation
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs,
PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or send assignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient to download materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the right alternative for you. Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 8 Weeks - 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (Two Months) Course Starts 1st of every month.
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Institute for Project Management Studies (AIPMS)
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org