CERTIFICATE IN MANAGING TEAM IN HUMANITARIAN RESPONSEAfrica Institute for Project Management Studies is pleased to announce a Certificate Course in Managing Team in Humanitarian Response
About the course:
People are the key to any effective humanitarian response. Managing people can be difficult at the best of times, but during the chaos and stress of a complex humanitarian emergency, the ability to manage people is crucial for the success of any programme.
This two-day course introduces participants to the fundamentals of good people management. Participants will have the opportunity to explore theories and practices of good management and will learn how to employ different techniques of communication, negotiation, team building and conflict management in order to develop a concrete set of management skills. Participants will have an opportunity to reflect on their own style, strengths and weaknesses as a manager in light of their new knowledge and skills. Upon completion, participants will be able to demonstrate several essential skills for managing their teams with greater confidence and success.
What does the course cover?
- Roles and responsibilities of managers
- Building and supporting a team
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Conflict management
- Leadership and motivation
- Performance management
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the role of the manager in humanitarian programmes and what it takes to be an exceptional manager
- Demonstrate skills and attitudes needed to manage people effectively in emergencies
- Utilize techniques for building and leading teams and learn ways to gain greater commitment from your team
- Identify ways to motivate individuals and maximize their potential
- Improve team performance through effective coaching and feedback
- Demonstrate how to negotiate to achieve a WIN-WIN outcome and how to resolve conflict
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses in relation to managing in emergencies and draw up action points for further learning and development to improve your management style
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at humanitarian personnel responsible for managing others, and is best suited for participants who are new to managerial roles or have management experience, but without any formal training. Participants should be interested in exploring management theory and accessing new tools and techniques to fulfill their management role successfully.
• All materials are made available through Online or Distance Learning approaches
• approximately 5-6 hours time commitment of your time per week
• At your own time schedule, no live participation needed
• Weekly feedback from committed instructors
• Participants are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically to earn certificate of completion>
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs,
PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or send
assignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient
to download materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the
right alternative for you.
Online or distance learning delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
The materials for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 8 Weeks - 8 to 10 hours per week
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Institute for Project Management Studies
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to the course start date, selected participants will receive, via email, an official invitation letter along with instructions on how to pay for the course. Course log on instructions will be emailed to you on the day the course is scheduled to begin. Participants must submit three assignments before certification.
Training Package offers Value for the Money. Training will be moderated by professional with hands on skills and great wealth in Accounting and Book Keeping.
Kindly confirm your participation with:
The Training Coordinator
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies