CERTIFICATE COURSE IN MANAGING PEOPLE AND PROJECTS IN EMERGENCIES
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies is pleased to announce Managing People and Projects in Emergencies CourseCourse Overview
Effective responses to complex emergencies require exceptional management skills. Managing people and projects can be difficult at the best of times, but being able to deliver quality outputs on time and under pressure is even more crucial during the chaos and stress of a complex emergency.
The course focuses on the theoretical and practical application of management tools, techniques and approaches in the field, and on the nature of working in a humanitarian response. Through case studies and presentations, you will be able to put into practice the theoretical knowledge that you gain in the course.
What does the course cover?
- The nature and impact of emergencies
- The role and qualities of the manager in a humanitarian response
- Leadership and communication skills
- Conducting needs assessments
- Securing funding and financial management
- Project planning using Log Frames
- Establishing and developing teams and individuals
- Remote and distant management
- Risk management
- Accountability, coordination, and collaboration
- Conflict management and negotiation
- Project evaluation, implementation, reporting, closure, and exit strategies
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the role and characteristics of an effective manager in humanitarian practice
- List management competencies and examine them in a theoretical and practical humanitarian context
- Apply techniques for managing people and projects to the humanitarian context
- Evaluate and reflect on personal performance in project and people management
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses in relation to managing people and projects and devise a personal development plan to improve practice
• All materials are made available through Online or Distance LearningApproaches
• Approximately 5-6 hours time commitment of your time per week
• At your own time schedule, no live participation needed
• Weekly feedback from committed instructors
• Participants are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically toearn certificate of completion
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs,PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or sendassignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient todownload materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the rightalternative for you. Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected totest their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content,students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 8 Weeks - 5 to 6 hours per week
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Institute for Project Management Studies
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com
Training Package Value for the Money Training will be moderated byprofessional with hands on skills and great wealth in the course.
Kindly confirm your participation with:
The Training Coordinator
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies