CERTIFICATE COURSE IN COMMUNITY BASED DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies is pleased to announce Community Based Disaster Risk Management Distance Learning Course
The Community-Based Disaster Risk Management for Field Practitioner course provides the opportunity to learn essential knowledge and skill in Community-Based Disaster Risk Management to address implementation challenges in a systematic manner. The field practitioners will learn practical tools for designing and implementation of programmes for reducing disaster risks and vulnerability and building of community capacity to promote a culture of safety.
What does the course cover?
- Basic DM terms & Concepts
- Context & Significance
- Hyogo Frame Work
- CBDRR Process
- Selection & communication with community
- Inclusion of vulnerable groups in CBDRM
- Introduction to HVCA
- Community Participatory tools &Techniques
- CBDRR Planning
- Community managed Implementation
- Community Preparedness and Response
- Participatory Monitoring& Evaluation
- Advocacy for sustaining community based DRR
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the conceptual framework in reducing risk
- Design and conduct community- based vulnerability and capacity assessment
- Identify measures for hazards and vulnerability reduction and community capacity building
- Analyze problems in the implementation of Community-Based Disaster Risk Management plans and their sustainability
- Document best practice and lesson learnt in community-Based disaster Risk Management
• All materials are made available through Distance Learning Approaches
• Approximately 5-6 hours time commitment of your time per week
• At your own time schedule, no live participation needed
• Weekly feedback from committed instructors
• Participants are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically toearn certificate of completion
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs,PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or sendassignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient todownload materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the rightalternative for you. Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected totest their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content,students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 8 Weeks - 5 to 6 hours per week
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Institute for Project Management Studies
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com
Prior to the course start date, selected participants will receive, viaemail, an official invitation letter along with instructions on how to payfor the course. Course log on instructions will be emailed to you on theday the course is scheduled to begin or as soon as payment is received
Training Package Value for the Money Training will be moderated byprofessional with hands on skills and great wealth in Conflict Management.
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies