CERTIFICATE COURSE IN ESSENTIALS IN HUMANITARIAN PRACTICE
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies is pleased to announce Essentials in Humanitarian Practice Distance Learning Certificate Course
Are you ready for the realities of relief work? Essentials of Humanitarian Practice will give you an insight into life working in the field. This workshop also aims to increase your understanding of the characteristics of emergencies induced by natural disasters and conflict and the requirements for an effective humanitarian response. You will learn how to work in a team in an emergency environment and identify individual responsibilities.
Essentials of Humanitarian Practice will give participants an insight into life working in the field whilst increasing understanding of the characteristics of natural disasters, conflict induced emergencies and the requirements for an effective humanitarian response.
Participants will examine the
- humanitarian context,
- the concept of humanitarian principles,
- the international humanitarian system,
- international law,
- needs assessment,
- individual responsibility
- The potential impacts and dilemmas of humanitarian responses. 0l>
- Explain the characteristics of natural disasters and complex emergencies
- Describe the different activities required for a comprehensive response to an emergency situation
- Analyze the roles and relationships of humanitarian agencies and the people affected by disasters
- Describe and apply international legal instruments and humanitarian principles to a humanitarian response
- Discuss potential impacts and dilemmas associated with humanitarian responses
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key skills and personal attributes required for an effective humanitarian response
- Apply skills of teamwork, coordination, communication and cultural sensitivity in a simulation environment
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Approximately 5-6 hours time commitment of your time per week
• At your own time schedule, no live participation needed
• Weekly feedback from committed instructors
• Participants are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically toearn certificate of completion
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs,PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or sendassignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient todownload materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the rightalternative for you. Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected totest their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content,students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 8 Weeks - 5 to 6 hours per week
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Institute for Project Management Studies
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com
Prior to the course start date, selected participants will receive, viaemail, an official invitation letter along with instructions on how to payfor the course. Course log on instructions will be emailed to you on theday the course is scheduled to begin or as soon as payment is received
Training Package Value for the Money Training will be moderated byprofessional with hands on skills and great wealth in Conflict Management.
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies