CERTIFICATE COURSE IN INTRODUCTION TO HYGIENE PROMOTION IN EMERGENCIESAfrica Institute for Project Management Studies is pleased to announce Introduction to hygiene promotion in emergencies Distance Learning Certificate Course
This course provides an introduction to hygiene promotion in emergencies, covering the main methods and approaches, and will provide a good overview of the community engagement aspect of WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) programming. Introduction to Hygiene Promotion in Emergencies is a participatory workshop, which uses a mixture of theory and practical group work.
The course explores the fundamentals of hygiene promotion in emergency environments. You will look at methods of hygiene behavior change, community engagement and facilitation, and how to ensure that affected populations are fully integrated in the WASH responses that your organisation implements.
What does the course cover?
- The importance of ongoing hygiene promotion throughout WASH programmes
- Behavior change in emergencies
- Hygiene improvement framework for emergencies
- Hygiene assessment and monitoring
- Sphere Standards for hygiene promotion
- Key hygiene promotion methods and approaches
• All materials are made available through Online or Distance LearningApproaches
• Approximately 5-6 hours time commitment of your time per week
• At your own time schedule, no live participation needed
• Weekly feedback from committed instructors
• Participants are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically toearn certificate of completion
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs,PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or sendassignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient todownload materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the rightalternative for you. Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected totest their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content,students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 8 Weeks - 5 to 6 hours per week
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Institute for Project Management Studies
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies