CERTIFICATE IN PERSONAL SECURITY FOR HUMANITARIANS
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies is pleased to announce a Certificate Course in Personal Security for humanitarians Long Distance Learning Course
About the course:
This is an intensive, dynamic course where you will discuss, learn and apply approaches and measures to improve your personal security when living and working in insecure environments. Personal Security for Humanitarians has been designed specifically from an NGO perspective to provide the most relevant and challenging training for NGO workers.
Essential theory learned in the classroom will immediately be put into practice in real-life simulation exercises, confronting key issues such as roadblocks, abduction, weapons, mines and crossfire. The course is designed to put you under stressful circumstances, preparing you for the worst case-scenario.
The course will introduce a variety of measures to help you reduce the likelihood of security-related incidents taking place and enable you to respond appropriately to situations that could compromise your safety and that of your colleagues.
The course now includes emergency first aid as an optional one day add-on.
What does the course cover?
- Context assessment
- Assessing risk
- Threat and vulnerability
- Developing security strategies
- Personal communication
- Security planning
- Field communications equipment
- Stress management
- Coping with sexual violence
- Vehicles and travel security
- Evacuation planning and procedures
- Detention and kidnap
- Surviving hostile environments
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of understanding your role and the security environment
- Undertake a context analysis and a personal risk assessment
- Demonstrate immediate responses to hostile environments
- Effectively contribute to a security planning process
- Describe measures to reduce personal and team vulnerability to a range of threats
- Explain the importance of cultural awareness and sensitivity, team working, interpersonal communications and how diversity impacts on security
- Demonstrate immediate responses to threats in the operating environment.
• All materials are made available through Online or Distance Learning approaches
• approximately 5-6 hours time commitment of your time per week
• At your own time schedule, no live participation needed
• Weekly feedback from committed instructors
• Participants are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically to earn certificate of completion Computing Requirements:
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs, PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or send assignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient
to download materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the right alternative for you.
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
The materials for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 8 Weeks - 8 to 10 hours per week
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Institute for Project Management Studies (AIPMS)
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com
Prior to the course start date, selected participants will receive, via email, an official invitation letter along with instructions on how to pay for the course. Course log on instructions will be emailed to you on the day the course is scheduled to begin. Participants must submit three assignments before certification.
Training Package offers Value for the Money. Training will be moderated by professional with hands on skills and great wealth in the course
Kindly confirm your participation with:
The Training Coordinator
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies