Strategic Human resource Management courseIntroduction
In modern organizations, Human Resources Management cannot limit itself to merely an implementation role. Its approach to managing the function needs to expand in order to truly become a strategic partner in the business. This course will help participants learn about the tools and techniques used in drafting and developing HR strategies. It will also equip them with the knowledge and the skills needed to translate such strategies into actions. Furthermore, the course will enable them to link the HR strategy to that of the organization and provide real value-adding HR solutions, presenting them in a language organizational management understands.
This course uses a combination of theory and practical application of course concepts. Participants will engage in simulation exercises combined with round table discussions of real life situations allowing them to gain a strong grip on the knowledge and skills presented in this course.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- List the main cycles in human resources and the critical steps in each
- Define strategic HR management and draft an HR strategy
- Explain the vital Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which should be constantly monitored in HR
- Assess employee morale and determine a formula for calculating it objectively
- Differentiate between types of turnover and determine how each should be calculated
- Describe the main types of performance management and appraisal rating systems and how and when to use each
The course is designed for Human Resources managers and senior professionals, specialists, team leaders, and business partners in the function who seek to broaden their knowledge and improve their skills in the key functions of HR as well as those who are responsible for evaluating HR and its effectiveness in the organization. The course is also suitable for those employees who are targeted for development or promotion within the HR function.
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Analytical thinking
- Leading and supervising
- Deciding and initiating action
- Working with people
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Planning and organizing
- Achieving goals and objectives
Kenyan residents: Kshs 100,000/=International: USD 1,000/=
The fees will cater for Tuition, writing materials, lunch and tea break snacks. Participants are expected to take care of their travel expenses, accommodation and other out of pocket expenses.
Mode of payment
Payment shall be through electronic fund transfer to Africa Development Resources bank account 7 days prior to the commencement of the course.
For further information please contact us on: