WORKSHOP ON GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR MONITORING AND EVALUATIONIntroduction
GIS is a computer system capable of assembling, storing, manipulating and displaying geographically referenced information, i.e. data identified according to their locations. This training will present a practical guide for using a geographic information system (GIS) integrated with Monitoring and Evaluation. The three days training is aimed helping development partners to monitor and evaluate the activities of specific projects intended to support M&E systems for sustainable programs and projects. The use of GIS in monitoring and Evaluation improves the effectiveness and communications of results to management, funding partners and beneficiaries.
The integration of GIS in monitoring and Evaluation makes it possible to link, or integrate information that is difficult to associate through any other means. With GIS M&E/Researchers are able to use combinations of mapped variables to build and analyze new variables. Presenting data in the form of a map helps to understand the significance of where, when, and by whom.
- Help the participants understand Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Systems
- Introduce the participants to key concepts in M&E and GIS
- Teach participants how to developing an M&E-GIS System
- Teach participants about the working of M&E information management systems
- Teach participants data collection using mobile phones and GPS
- Teach participants how to integrate exiting M&E data with GIS
- Teach participants analysis and visualization of M&E data with the aid of GIS techniques
- Teach participants the integration of GIS into M&E activities
- Introduction to Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Systems
- Integration of M&E and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Development of an M&E-GIS System for a specific Situation
- Selection of GIS Software
- Location of GIS Maps
- Creation of a Reference Map
- Definition of Data Requirements and Key Indicators
- Definition of the Data Collection Process
- Design and Creation of the Data Input Table
- Creation of the Thematic Map
- Data update in the M&E-GIS System
- Data update for the Map
- Case Study
The workshop will use participatory interactive teaching techniques and each participant will be encouraged to share experiences base on their fields.
Training Fees: Kenyans: KShs 100,000 International: USD 1000/=
The course is designed for representatives from government, project teams, NGOs, multi and bilateral development organizations and consultancies that are typically employed as project managers and directors, M&E specialists, technical specialists, and researchers.
This is a 5 days training program
Mode of Payment
Payment shall be through electronic money transfer to Africa Development Resources bank account 7 days prior to the commencement of the course.
Interested individuals are requested to contact us on: