GRANTS MANAGEMENT COURSEIntroduction
This course is meant to equip participants with knowledge of good Grants management practices. The course will also equip participants with the ability to understand the Primary functional areas of Grants Management. The participants will also explore the Grants Management Cycle.
At the end of the course participants will appreciate the emerging issues and trends in the Grants management process.
The course is designed for top and Middle level managers of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), State Corporations and other donor funded institutions.
1. Introduction: Fundamentals of Grants Management
2. Grants Management Cycle, Role, Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Proposal Submission
- Award of Grant
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Close out
3. Types of Grants, Applications and the Obligating documents
- Who to comply with and ease of compliance
- Donor compliance
- Legislative compliance
- Accounting Standards and Practices
- Community and cultural Compliance
- Key Departmental Compliance Areas in Donor Fund Management:
- Financial Reporting Document
- Procurement Procedures
- Travel and Per diems
- Human Resource Management
- M and E and Impact Assessment
5. Contract Amendments
- Types of Amendments
- Necessitating Reasons
- How to manage and carry through successively
7. Internal Control Systems
- Procedures and Processes
- Risks and Mitigation
8. Fundraising, budgeting and costing
9. Partnership and Consortia
- Problem areas to watch
10. Co-Financing and Multi Donor Funding
- Sources and Reasons
- Managing the intricacies varied compliance issues
- Own /community cost contribution
Kenyan Residents: Kshs 80,000/=International: USD 800/=
The fees will cater for tuition, writing materials, Lunch and tea break snacks. Participants will be expected to take care of their travel expenses, accommodation and other out of pocket expenses.
Mode of Payment
Payment shall be through electronic fund transfer to Africa Development Resources bank account 7 days prior to the commencement of the course.
For further information, please contact us on: